Post-inhibitory rebound spiking
1. Reset your simulator to obtain the default settings. The reset button is highlighted with the red box.
2. Change your settings as shown below. Settings that are different from the default settings are indicated with the red boxes.
3. Run simulation
4. Watch and listen to the simulation. How does the delay between pre- and postsynaptic neurons compare between peak synaptic potentials of -50 mV versus +50 mV? Why is there a difference?
5. Can inhibitory potentials combine to cause a spike, similar to excitatory potentials?
6. [Advanced] What is happening at the ion channel level that explains this post-inhibitory rebound excitation?